1. We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God without error in the original writings; the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:19-21
2. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Exodus 20:2,3; 1 Corinthians 8:6; Revelation 4:11; 1 John 5:7; John 10:30;
2 Corinthians 13:14
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man; having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on high, He is now our Advocate and High Priest.
John 1:1,2; 1 John 5:20; Luke 1:26-38; Romans 3:24; Matthew 18:11; Acts 2:32;
1 John 2:1; Hebrews 5:9,10
4. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and, during this age, to convict men of sin, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living.
John 16:13,14; Acts 2:1,4; John 14:16,17; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19; John 16:8;
5. We believe that man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is therefore lost; and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
John 1:12; Acts 16:31; Genesis 3:16-24; Romans 1:18,32; 5:12,19; 3:10-19;
Ephesians 2:1; Galatians 3:22
6. We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for the justification and salvation for all who believe, and that only such as receive Jesus Christ by faith are born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become the children of God.
Matthew 20:28; 1 Corinthians 15:3; Hebrews 9:22,29; Colossians 1:20
7. We believe in the personal, pre-millennial, and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ, and that this “Blesses Hope” has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
John 14:3; Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:16; Titus 2:13; 2 Thessalonians 3:5;
1 John 2:28; 3:3
8. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, and of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.
Acts 24:15; John 5:28,29; Revelation 20:5,6; Philippians 3:20,21; Daniel 12:2; Revelation 20:13-15
9. We believe that the true church is composed of all such persons who, through saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit, and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is the Head.
Colossians 1:18; 1 Corinthians 12:12,13; Ephesians 1:22,23; Romans 12:4
10. We believe that water baptism, by immersion, soon after accepting Christ as personal Savior, is a testimony of death to sin and resurrection to a new life; and that the Lord’s Supper is a memorial service setting forth in sacred and symbolic manner the death of the Lord Jesus Christ; that all true believers, and only true believers should share in it.
Romans 6:3,4; Colossians 2:12; Acts 8:12; 10:48; 8:36,38; 1 Corinthians 11:23-29